Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Challenge!

http://www.kraftbrands.com/upumpitup/

I'm an insulin-dependent diabetic, but there's a chance I might be able to go off the shots if I can get down to my goal weight of 150 lbs. As noted in the previous entry (below), I need to lose at least another 117 lbs. (the doctor really wants me to get down to 135, but I've never weighed that little in my entire adult life - I'm a healthy size 12 at 150 - so when I get to 150, we've agreed to re-evaluate the end goal).

I created a challenge at the above linked website to try to get myself motivated to work out more and get fit. I'd have made it a public challenge, but I couldn't figure out how to do so, and I can't link to it directly, apparently. However, there are a lot of interesting challenges, so you might want to just browse.

If you'd like an invitation to join my challenge, either to support me as I work on it, or to work on getting fit yourself, post a comment with an email addy, and I'll send you an invite.

a. ;)

2 comments:

OleanderTea said...

How tall are you? I'm 5'9", and with my muscle structure my doc would be thrilled if I got down to 180!

Alma Ward said...

I'm 5'6.5"; hubby insists that I'm short, but that's only because he's 6'4"! ;)